CCHS Renaissance Program
Renaissance is a national program established to recognize students with positive, tangible incentives to encourage academic excellence and to encourage them to work harder. It describes our attempt to motivate all students to strive for academic excellence. The following categories are in place for this year:
- 4.0 GPA and Above - Awarded each semester for students with a cummulative grade point average of 4.0 or above. They have worked extremely hard and we want them to know that we appreciate their efforts.
- 3.0 to 3.99 GPA - Awarded each semester for students with a cummulative grade point average of 3.0 to 3.99.
- .5 GPA Improvement – awarded each semester If a student raises their GPA by .5 or greater they will be recognized.
- Perfect Attendance- awarded each semester
- CAHSEE – awarded when scores are in and updated regularly Students who have taken the CAHSEE in the spring and scored 400+ points in both English and Math, will be recognized for their outstanding achievement. In honoring these students, we will motivate others to do their best during CAHSEE testing.
- Outstanding Senior Titan - awarded in May This award will be given to a well rounded senior. We will be looking for a senior who has an outstanding GPA, community service, and their involvement in extra curricular activities.
- CST Proficient – awarded when scores are in and updated regularly Students who demonstrate proficient and/or advanced on all four categories of the CST will be recognized.
- Improved Attendance - awarded each semester Teachers will recommend students for this honor. Recommendations will be reviewed and the students’ four-period attendance report (including tardies, excused, and unexcused absences) will determine who will receive the honor.
Donations are being solicited within our community to purchase awards and incentives. If anyone has a business connection that may lead to a donation or if you would like to make a donation, please contact Mr. Nelson or Mr. Areida.