On behalf of the Cesar Chavez High School staff, welcome to our Cesar Chavez High School web site. We should all be excited about the opportunities this year presents. Once again, we will be able to demonstrate (for the sixth year in a row) that we are the best comprehensive high school in the Stockton Unified School District.
Our vision at Cesar Chavez High School is to establish a school that provides a unique learning experience for our students so that they are prepared for career and college after graduation. We have in the past and will continue to focus this vision around the Five R’s: Rigor, Relevancy, Relationships, Research, and Results! Our ongoing mission will be to improve our Small Learning Communities and 4X4 school design so that the Five R’s become a reality and our students are prepared for the 21stcentury.
“When the spirit of people is strong, focused, and vibrant, wonderful things happen.”
As we prepare our students for career and college after high school, we cannot forget our ESLRs (Expected Student Learning Results). We developed our ESLRs together with our parents, students, and staff so that we stay focused on what we want our students to be able to demonstrate once they complete their high school career here at CCHS. In addition, our ESLRs reminds us of our goals for our Small Learning Communities in which we are creating a unique learning experience that supports and connects to our students’ future goals by preparing them for career and college. Our ESRLs are built around the acronym of CARE:
- Critical Thinkers
- Demonstrate the ability to apply, analyze, synthesize and evaluate information from a variety of sources
- Build on existing knowledge by making predictions, approaching problems creatively, making adjustments and drawing conclusions
- Utilize educational opportunities, experiences and skills learned in career pathways to real life situations
- Communicate both reflectively and critically
- Pursue knowledge both inside and outside of the classroom
- Create learning communities by encouraging teaching and sharing with others
- Plan for the future by setting priorities and achievable goals
- Gain knowledge of post secondary options
- Articulate and pursue short and long-term goals
- Chooses actions based on rewards and consequences that are meaningful to the individual
- Present themselves as positive role models within our community
- Exhibit self-discipline and a strong work ethic that leads to a productive life
- Educational Competence
- Receive and dispense information utilizing oral, written, visual, artistic, athletic, musical and dramatic expression
- Use effective leadership and group skills while establishing and accomplishing significant goals
- Exhibit/Demonstrate competence in all coursework
- Develop proficiency in the use of appropriate technology
We will continue to build on our accomplishments and we are all excited about the new opportunities this year will present. Our focus will always remain on IMPROVING INSTRUCTION TO INCREASE STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT and thereis no doubt in my mind that we can accomplish our goals by focusing on our students and supporting each other.
Please do not hesitate to visit, email or call our school and talk to our staff if you have any questions. We look forward to working with everyone in our community to create a school that is best high school not just in Stockton Unified School District, but the best high school in San Joaquin County.